SEO takes so much time because there are multiple factors involved in getting results. As a result, depending on how you tackle these crucial factors, an SEO services plan can take longer or shorter. Additionally, it takes time for search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing to detect your SEO implementations and evaluate your content in comparison to other websites operating in the same market. Only then can these engines grant your web pages the authority they deserve.
Factors that Impact SEO Speed
The factors that influence SEO speed to depend upon many different variables, including the type of site’s content being optimized for, the type of keywords involved, the amount of competition for those keywords, etc. In general, though, some things will slow down your page optimization process. Here are 6 things that will slow down SEO speed (SEO services plan).
- Poor Page Layout & Structure- This includes images not aligning properly and poor use of the proper tag types. While we don’t have any direct control over a web page’s layout, we do have the ability to add tags (metadata) to our pages to help guide search engines. We should always take care in using these meta tags.
- Outdated Content- Pages that are poorly written or have outdated information are going to rank lower than they otherwise would if updated regularly. If you want to make sure your page ranks higher, try to update it regularly with fresh content Otherwise it will slow down the speed of desired results
- Unoptimized Links- Links play a big role in how well your website performs in search results. When links appear in your website’s source code, they create anchor text (words used to reference the link). These words can then show up in the body copy. Since Google pays special attention to the links that appear in the body copy of a website, having good anchor text helps improve your ranking.
- Neglecting Website Security- When it comes to keeping your website secure, it doesn’t matter whether you’re an individual or a business; neglecting security is never an option. Hackers continue to target websites and steal personal information. If you want to ensure your customers’ information stays private, you need to focus on securing your site. This may affect SEO results (SEO services plan).
- Old Site Architecture- If you haven’t moved your site to a newer platform in quite some time, your older site could be causing problems. Older sites tend to look less professional and less appealing to visitors. In addition, old sites may not work correctly in various browsers.
- Excessive Link Building-One way of building links to your website is through guest blogging. However, there’s nothing wrong with getting a little creative and engaging in link-building activities that aren’t strictly guest blogging. One example of this kind of activity is buying backlinks. Buying backlinks involves purchasing websites that already link to yours and asking them to change their links to point at your website instead. Once again, while this isn’t necessarily illegal, it’s not something that’ll get you anywhere.